22/10/2014

LootCrate unboxing October FEAR theme






Soo,,,, With the days growing colder, nights growing longer and Halloween creeping closer the theme of Fear feels like a really nice fit. So this month’s Lootcrate was literally packed like hoard of zombies in to a very small mall. It also see the jubilant return of a shirt, and boy it is a creepy one.
If you are unfamiliar with what a subscription box is take a look at my previous unboxings.

So first up we take a look at the shirt, it is a skull… made up of kittens. Adorable It is a little kittens. Now that is seriously weird. It is also one of the ferw shirts I have seen out of a sub-box so far that is sort of neutral. It could work in pretty much any setting. I will still look at it as a sly nog to the first Alien movie since in that movie Jones the ship cat tended to herald dealt by pointy bits. Still a very cool item.

Next up we have a tiiiiny little candy… Supersour Toxic waste… Have not dared to try it. But it is supposed to have watermelon flavour. It is after all Halloween soon. Got to have some weird candy.


Right from Capcom´s brain munching Dead Rising 3 we get the Sledge-saw pen. Because if you like to kill zombies there is no better way than with a sledge-saw. Buy one now and we throw in a free umbrella and a towel… Keep calm. Any way I like this item and while I have no use for it myself it will make for a really nice gift down the line and it Is actually very nice as a display item.



Ok… First let me say this… The next item is a SPOILER for the Walking Dead storyline. So if you are not up to date on it you might want to scroll on down.















Ok this is an art print for the fateful final reunion of the Dixon brothers done by artist JSalvador. The style is very chibi-fied and simply adorable. Not sure there I will put this up but up it goes. It also give a nice and somewhat lighter tone to the pitch black Walking Dead.


And speaking of the Walking Dead. We get a full size comic with a special edition cover just like we did with the Rocket comic. I am not really read up on the comics but I have watched the TV series up to the current season. Still I like these comics and it does indeed remind me that I should pick up the trade paperbacks or the digital version and get back in to reading them.


As a kid I always liked temporary tattoos so the next item holds a sort of nostalgic value to me. We get a set of costume temporary tattoos depicting different bites and a zombie “face” that I have no idea how to get to work. But still very nice and fitting for the time of year. 

We also get another digital item for the game SMITE. While this is not a game I play it will go in to my digital loot pile to be given away at a later date. 

The coolest item this month is without a doubt the book “how to survive a sharknado and other unnatural disasters” this is a nice spoof book and bestiary of the weird and fantastic. It is also I think the only Sharknado related item I would ever consider to pick up. I refuse to put forth even one single Swedish krona in anything that can support that franchise. Sorry… But I simply loath it. But this book on the other hand is bloody brilliant and has the right balance of humor and snark. I will even go as far as to say... Pick it up if you happen to come by it.


We round off with the magazine and pin… this time around with the bonus item of a pair of retro style “3-d” glasses to get the full effect of the cover. The nostalgia is through the roof. They are simply adorable.


Again we wrap up the box on a happy note, I feel I got my value worth but you really should not get these boxes for the value per se. Ge them because they are fun and you like to have something to look forward to each month with a bit of mystery attached. 

Have fun and take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment